Monday, October 25, 2010

Ummm, now that the boys are getting a little older...

This is what Eric said to me today:

"Ummm, now that the boys are getting a little older..."

I am telling you, in the span of 10 seconds, a million things were running through my head, none of which were computing because:

*I am dressed in their presence
*I usually have some sort of bra on
*I have gotten my favorite cuss word under control
*We have no indiscretional movies or books to hide

But this is not what I was prepared for:

"When you are at Kroger, you might want to make sure we always have some chips on hand for them to eat.  Because boys, you know, they like chips."

Whaaaaa???

He says this as he is dumping "Stacy's pita chips" in a mass mound next to the ham sandwich. 

Me:  "Oh, I get it:  you want cheetos, doritoes, and lays sour cream and onion chips available in mass quantities but you are going to blame it on growing boys who apparently think having chips around is a rite of passage or something."

He denied it.

I am still laughing.

3 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

well you will be happy to know that kroger rotates which chips go on sale. because i, uh-hum, i mean my boys, love them too.

i've purchased doritos for $.99 a bag and lays go on sale for under $2.00 a bag.

Erica said...

haha :) well apparently, my boy has gotten a little older lately and decided he doesn't want the mass quantities of little debbie-esk items that he bought, which he used to eat in gross (i mean this in more than one way, since we did after all get them at sam's) quantities.

so he informed me that I am to take them to your house, so your boys will have some sweets to eat with their chips :)

Kelli said...

Ahahaha! That's hilarious. His brother is the exact same way. I'm understrict orders to always buy a bag of chips every time I go to the store. So funny...

And I gotta say, I'm a little dissapointed that you've got your favorite cuss word under control. It always makes me smile when you whip that one out. :)