Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crunchy

Have you ever tried dipping marshmallows into peanut butter?  It is pretty tasty.  I am a smooth peanut butter kind of gal.  I can handle the crunchy stuff, but all in all, I do love me some super smooth creamy all natural Jiff.

So, imagine my surprise when I opened up my new jar of Jiff to only see chopped up peanuts floating around.  humpf.  I immediately knew who to blame.

I was at Walmart the previous day, throwing down our life's savings, it seems, on a filled buggy full of everything from toothpaste to triscuits.  I was vacillating between Heinz and Hunts when I felt an arm reach around my waist and whisper something gravelly and deep by the side of my head.

I just about came out of my tennis shoes.  Because despite how hard I tried in that span of half a second, I couldn't make out the voice to be that of my husband's.  Not that Eric was at Walmart, mind you, but who on earth else could it be?

I must have thrown a look that could kill at the person who had just whispered "Hey, you wanna go out sometime?"  Because then my father in law burst into such laughter that I had to laugh right back at him. 

I can't blame him for wanting to play a little practical joke...then man has been needing to get out of the house since he has been incessantly and selflessly taking care of his sick mom and wife (who broke her ankle.)

But, as you know, across from Hunts and Heinz lies Smuckers and Jiff.  I was so flustered that I picked up crunchy instead of smooth.

And now we all know who to blame.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Hehehe! That's funny. :)