Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thankful in November

While I can't wait to decorate my house for Christmas, I want to pause this month and be purposefully thankful.  I thought it might be good for my heart to get some gratitude out...so if you see "thankful in November"  you know what it will be!

Today, I am thankful for my photography business.  It is an absolute gift from God.  I never had aspirations of being a photographer, but God dumped the love of photography into my lap...and He managed to give me some skill to go with it.  It is skill that requires continual growth and courage...but I still give Him the credit.

After a photo session this morning, I came home to do the editing.  It is so nice to only be gone from my family for about an hour of shooting time and then be able to work from home for the rest of it.  I think some of the real work comes with the editing and it is nice to be able to do it alongside of laundry and keeping the kids fed. 

I can't think of anything else that I can do and still be a stay at home mom that allows me to contribute to the household funds the way photography does.  (And a huge bonus is that I absolutely LOVE it!)  

So, thank you sweet Jesus for the new adventure you have placed me upon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your photography. Your love and gifting for it certainly shows in your photos. Keep up the good work and continue to have fun!
Love, Barb

Pam said...

Becke',
We are doing a small group at the home of The Yerton's (grandparents of your brown eyed sweetheart a couple of weeks ago). She bragged and bragged about how wonderful your pictures were...great job!!!