Monday, November 29, 2010

You Know It's The Monday After Thanksgiving When:

  • You wake up realizing you get to pay that doctor a visit today
  • You decide to never ever again schedule a doctor appt. for the Monday after Thanksgiving since your weight is up after all the food you devoured over the last 5 days
  • While in the shower, you decide it might be best to shave since you are seeing that doctor and then you start to run out of hot water
  • You dress your son like a cute cowboy and then with 3 minutes before heading out the door, your other son tells you that today is the 29th and not the 30th, and therefore, not cowboy day
  • You frantically change the cowboy into his school uniform
  • You exult at the chance to finally start on your Christmas shopping only to realize your $15 coupon expired two days ago
  • You realize this while at the checkout counter
  • You look outside and it is dreary and rainy
  • You just want to cry
  • You bypass the Starbucks counter because you can't justify spending the $4 when you didn't get to save $15
  • You go home to realize it is only 9:50
  • in the morning
Well, hello there Monday after Thanksgiving.  Glad to only see you once a year.

(Due to the nature of this semi-gripey post, I am sending you to Kelli's for a good laugh.)

4 comments:

Heather said...

The cowboy costume thing made me laugh! I have found myself asking God several times this morning..."Did you have to give us THIS weather today?!?!" I was already tired and gloomy and grouchy!" SO GROUCHY!! Just know that I am right there with ya, sister! But I didn't get to see "that doctor!" And you know I would have considered that a plus!! :)

Kelli said...

Boo for Monday! It's pouring and freezing here too. Ugh... No "that" doctor for me though. Praise God!

Erica said...

I think pretty much everyone I know had a Monday like that, so no worries about the gripeyness.

on another note you guys are probably the most precious family ever and the new pic is awesome! :)

blessedpath said...

Hi there Becke!! Love Love Love that pic of your family on the blog title!! Sounds like you all had fun with Kelli and Lee for turkey day. I have done that sooo many times with a coupon.. It pains me to waste such a great coupon. I would've opted for the Starbucks. Because you were having that kind of day, it trumped any loss of money. I am soo over due to see THAT dr. :)