Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankful in November: The Legs

I married him for his legs.  That is what I tell everyone when they ask me why I married Eric.  Yep, it was all for the legs.  So, today I am thankful for those legs, cause, you know, I may not have married him if they were any less awesome. 

By the way, those legs are making my heart swoon more and more as he has taken up running.

Let me get my heart back to a normal beat and try to proceed with this post.

ahem.

In all honesty, today I am thankful for the man that God gave me to share life with.  He has been a true spiritual leader (which came in #1 on my priority list, legs inching in at a close second) but he hasn't taken that leadership role for granted nor abused it.  My heart has been safe with him these 12 1/2 years of marriage.

And I have no doubt that my heart will continue to reside in a safe place.

Eric is a joy to spend my days with.  He loves to laugh and cut up.  He is easy to please and not demanding.  He doesn't over analyze what I spend money on but he also is involved in our budget...if that makes sense. 

I guess one way to sum up our relationship is this:  freedom.

He has the freedom to go hit golf balls with his brothers and Dad.  I have the freedom to go on a girl's night out.  Or weekend.  He is cool like that.

There is freedom to share what is bothering us and to ask for counsel on how to proceed.  There is freedom to share responsibilities in raising these boys.  There is freedom to pray together and ask God for blessing on our lives.

When I was in the pit of grief, he gave me the freedom to remain there as long as I needed to.

He is cool like that.

He has been a chest to sob into, a warm and familiar hand to hold, a comforting scent to wake up to, a discerning mind to bounce ideas around with, and a constant reminder of God's grace on my life.

God knew exactly what I needed in a man and soul mate.  And he graciously gifted me with him.

God is so cool like that.

And I must say, the legs were a nice little bonus.



3 comments:

Kim said...

You guys are a great looking couple. You make me smile.

Cassie said... said...

Ahhh. That last pic takes me back to the 90's LOVE IT

Anonymous said...

Who are those people in that last picture?!?!?!

I love you sweetheart!!!!!

Your Hubby