Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thankful in November: Promises

Do we embrace His promises?

“Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed."  Joshua 23:14

I am so grateful that God's every word is true.  Dependable.  Trustworthy.

What if all of His promises towards us weren't supposed to happen while we are living on this earth?  Just a thought..."All of these people were still living by faith when they died.  They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance.  And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth."  Hebrews 11:13

I know the above references those who were looking forward to the Messiah, but didn't live to see Him come.  It didn't lessen their faith or their blessing for believing.

What are you welcoming from a distance that you might not fully experience until you are home


I found myself on my bed the other night with my Bible sprawled out before me.  Begging for how to proceed on an issue.  He didn't give me any specific ten step plan, but He did tell me He would lead me with cords of kindness. 

I can rest in that.  It is His word.  His promise.
He is a consuming fire.  He's jealous over me...burning away what doesn't bless the socks off of our relationship.  It is nice to know He never loses affection over me.  He will always fight for our intimacy.

He promises me that.

The past few days have been haunting.  I have missed Kiley terribly.  How is it that 2 years and 9 months can go by as if it were a day? 



There is a particular promise I won't receive while walking on this earth.

But it is coming.
I see it from a distance.
I welcome it.
I will still be living by faith when I die.
And then my faith will become my eyes.
I won't have to cry over the song Come for Me.
Instead I will rejoice because He has taken me away.

Not one of your promises has failed, Lord.

Kiley is alive.  And I am going home to live with her forever.

One day.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love this post. Why do we find it so hard to believe His word and find rest there? I am so looking forward to Home too!