Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful in November: He Can Exchange Anything

Today I am thankful that God can exchange anything.

He can exchange mourning for gladness.
He can exchange famine for feast.
He can exchange a new name for an old name.
He can exchange wilderness for Eden.

 This verse has been so sweet to me:
"For the LORD comforts Zion; be comforts all her waste places and makes her wilderness like Eden, her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the voice of song."  Isaiah 51:3
 He can exchange my desert for the garden of the Lord.
 Spurgeon says, "He is always slow to anger, but He is always lavish of His grace.  Se here, then, God will give His people an overflowing joy, an inexpressible joy, a sort of double joy, as though He would give them more joy than they could hold-joy and then gladness-thanksgiving and the voice of melody."
 I am ready for more joy than I could possibly hold.
How about you?

2 comments: