Sunday, March 2, 2008

Tub Time






I just had to post these...I thought they were so cute. I was actually experimenting with "diffusing the flash" by putting a piece of tissue over my flash. The darker pics have the tissue, the lighter ones don't. Which do you prefer? I don't know enough to say which looks better! But, if you ever want to diffuse your flash, you know how to do it cheaply! Toilet paper!

Anyway, I was also experimenting with different shutter speeds...which meant I needed the kids to be in action for some faster speeds. (Or would that be slower speeds??? The math in photography is harder than Trigonometry!!) So, in the first pic you see, Eli is actually jumping up and down while holding on to the side, then splashing into the water. He and Sam had so much fun doing this! It is not something I would normally allow, but hey, anything for a cute picture! :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I like the lighter pictures better... I know NOTHING about the ins and outs of photography but would love to learn one day. You'll have to keep me updated on the class you're taking.

Little Oak Table said...

OK I was thinking you were using the diffuse the light with a piece of tissue technique on the darker pics, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Kelli said...

I need to know how to increase my shutter speed! Do tell, do tell!

Anonymous said...

I like the look of the darker pictures...but, I love the one of Sam..and the way you captured his expression with the water splashing around him...good photography in my book!
MOM