Monday, July 21, 2008

The bug that bit Cade...

Every summer, my dear Husband and his dear Father go into "Operation Keep the House Cool." They call people to perform A/C checks, add new return vents, add freon, run ceiling fans, run floor fans, keep the blinds shut, keep the front door shut (to hide the glass door), check the thermostat every 20 minutes, call each other to see if their houses are cool enough, keep all of the doors in the house wide open (I don't think I am allowed to shut the door to use the bathroom), etc. etc.

This morning, I dropped off Cade and Sam at Papa and Bebe's and somehow, Cade got bit by the "Operation" bug! I had to take Eli in for his kindergarten doctor evaluation, and when we all got back home, Cade entered the door and proceeded to shut all of the blinds, make sure all of the fans were on, etc. He proceeded to tell me that if I needed a light, that was fine, but to turn it off when I was finished. I walked back to the boys' room to shut the door so they could have a quiet rest time, and Cade informed me that they needed the air to move and that shutting the door would be a bad idea. So, the door is open.

I am all for having a cool home, but this is downright hilarious!

9 comments:

Kelli said...

Hahahaha! That is hilarious. Those Stuart men and their neurosis. What are we going to do with them?

Rodney Tindall, REALTOR said...

I don't see the humor. What's so funny? ;)

blessedpath said...

Oh, you could not live in our house! We have the AC set at 79, it's hot, but I refuse to spend a million dollars on the air. I also love all the blinds open to let the light pour in:) How funny, my neighbor wrote on Kellis blog today, that Lee had the AC guy over.....knowing what I know now, I'm sure he was having a deluxe motor intalled:)

The Uptons said...

Girl, we are so there...I wonder sometimes if I am living in a cave when it is so bright outside, but so dark inside. I have to admit i kind of like the quiet feel to it...but it makes me sleepy!

Anonymous said...

For the RECORD - I am not as I am described in this blog entry. While I strive to maintain a "cool house" - and yes that involves keeping the blinds closed, running fans and keeping lights off - I ONLY check the thermostat every hour.

This gross misrepresentation of me has caused me to take action and my attorney has asked me to say nothing more than we will get even!!!!!

Love ya Beckley!!!!!!

Little Oak Table said...

frickin' hilarious!

frickin' hilarious.

The Moore's said...

That's hilarious!!! I've been wearing pants in the house because I'm cold while it's 77 degrees in here...yes, I'm that cold natured! Every morning when I think that I'm going to leave everything closed to save a few pennies, my mother's OCD kicks in and I have to open the blinds for some light. It makes me feel ready to be productive instead of ready to curl up on the couch!

Jenny said...

Sooo funny!! We keep our house super cool... 72 in the daytime and 70 at night. I'm constantly hollering... I mean talking in a really sweet voice to the boys... to SHUT the door... you're letting the bought air out:)

How was the Kindergarten screening/ checkup, etc?

Anonymous said...

Jenny
Eli's kindergarten thing went great! He is healthy, can see, can hear, and has 30 days left til his first day!