Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Vacation...Days 1 and 2

Mom and Dad decided to go to Alaska on a cruise...time to get away and time to do some things that they have always wanted to do. Sooo, I decided to come spend a week with Amelia while they were away. Not to babysit her, by any means, but to hang out and have some fun. She works in the day, so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to go see some of my good friends that live in NWA and have time to catch up. It has been a blast so far!

Monday, we went to see my friend, Pam, and her three boys, Javan, Joshua, and Jared. My boys loved getting to hang with other boys close to their ages...they even played a "real" baseball game together. Throw in a banzai water slide and a trampoline and the fun times were rolling! Pam is one of those people that you can go three years without seeing and be able to pick up the friendship like no time had passed at all. She is a great comfort to be around...thank you for letting us come mess your house up, girl!



Monday night, Amelia and I took the boys to see "Wall-E." It was very cute. Sam did a great job in the theater...probably because he had a never ending supply of popcorn at his disposal. I saw a lot of spiritual parallels in the movie, but I won't bore you with those! After all, according to Brittney, I see spiritual stuff in everything.

Tuesday, we headed to Bentonville to see Brittney and her girls Esther and Graceyn. The boys ran through the house yelling, "Don't let the girls catch you and touch you or you will turn into a girl!!" They are on a "no girl" kick...chanting things like "Boys Rule, Girls Drool," and that sort of thing. Even so, they got along great with their "girlfriends." (Eli calls any girl that is a friend his girlfriend.) I think they enjoyed the tea parties, swing set, and huge blow up bouncer. Britt, your heart is knit to mine and I am thankful for the times we do have together! Thanks for the yummy food and sweet time of fellowship.


Plum wore out -->

5 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

hey! how funny, we went to see wall-e yesterday too. reed kept calling eve, "eli". i thought of you lots during the movie!

brit is a great cook! what did ya'll eat? i'm making her mexican casserole for dinner-it has about 5 minutes left and smells SO good!

glad you're having fun! love ya!

Anonymous said...

ya know... sometime during your vacation you could visit your brother... just a thought!

Pam said...

Thanks again for coming. The boys had a blast and it was great to visit with you!
I love the pictures. I showed Javan what a goof ball he was being when you took the pictures! I love the one of Joshua eating the watermelon!
I hope you have a great rest of the week with friends and family and hopefully it won't be 3 years before we can get together again!!! At least we can keep touch via blogs/email!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hey, all you Northwest Arkansas friends! It's so good to see your kids on this blog. It just blows my mind to see how MANY, and how BIG your kids are. As my mother use to say, "Someone is getting old, and it's not me!" Your children are precious. Becke', I'm glad you and the boys are having so much fun.
Love, Barbara

The Moore's said...

Tuesday night, when Topher got home, Esther said, "Daddy, lets play girl tag!" and proceeded to tell him how to play chase like your boys taught her! We so enjoyed having you here...can't wait to see you again!