Thursday, July 10, 2008

Loaded Baked Potato Salad


I made this for the 4th of July. Pretty good! I suggest cutting the recipe in half or you will end up with enough to feed Matt's whole military division!


Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Rachael Ray
serves 20!!!
prep 15 minutes
cook 1 hour


7 pounds baking potatoes (I used red ones)

extra virgin olive oil, for brushing

2 pounds bacon, cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces

2 sticks butter, softened

4 cups sour cream

salt and pepper

1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced

1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pierce the potatoes with a fork, brush with oil. Bake until tender, 1 hour. Let cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.


2. In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain.


3. In a large bowl, combine the butter and sour cream; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, bacon, scallions, and cheese. Serve at room temperature.

3 comments:

blessedpath said...

Looks so yummy! I'll have to try it next gathering we go to. I love the pics of hands...what an awesome idea to capture them. It is something we take for granted, what our loved one's hands look like. I'm gonna take pics of my mom and dad's hands next time I see them. Nice to have as the yrs pass on.

Little Oak Table said...

girl, that looks yum-o

i didn't know you stuck a mater plant in the ground. i am so proud. my babies growing up. heeeeeeheeeeeee

you can pick them when they are green like that, slice them, dip them in an egg/milk wash, dip in corn meal, and fry in vegetable oil until brown. salt them when they come out. fried green tomatoes. oh help me they are good!!

the Percifuls said...

Matt's still waiting. His guys want to know when they can expect it to arrive. :)