Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Vacation Day 3

I am losing my brain cells with handling the boys with a Daddy that is AWOL. Boys seem to behave better when a Father is around to keep a little fear in them. Don't get me wrong, I spank with the best of them, but it doesn't seem to have the same effect as when Eric does it. All in all, they are being good....just a little rowdy.

We travelled to Bella Vista to see Mark, Lisa, and Payton. They just recently moved there from Colorado. Mark is in charge of the new Chick Fil A in Bentonville. They have a fun house that has a TON of space downstairs...an office, extra bedroom, bathroom, work out room, living room, and kitchenette. It was fun to see their new place and get to hang with them for a few hours. We won't mention how many times I got lost trying to find it in the rolling hills of Bella Vista. It was good to see you guys...twice in a week is fun!

Tonight, Amelia and I drug the boys to Target. We love that store like crazy. We could spend hours in there if it weren't for 3 little boys complaining about hunger and going to the bathroom incessantly. Mini found tons of bargains on the 75% off rack. She doesn't even have to try stuff on...everything fits her cute figure. I hate her. (Just teasing.) She found her future Mother in law some fun summer themed dinner plate stuff...beverage dispenser, napkin holder...you get the picture...for marked down way cheap. (No, she isn't engaged yet.)
We then went to eat Mexican at Acambaro. The boys ate their weight in white cheese dip. I am sure I didn't overeat...I am not sure what this heartburn is for. I love that place!

We then went to see Nana and Grandad. Grandad was eating up his great grandsons. I think the boys were driving Nana crazy, though. Eli and Sam were out of control and at one point, Nana asked me if I had read the parenting book that she had bought for me. They finally settled down and we got to take some pictures. Nana about flipped...her hair wasn't perfect and she was saying all kinds of things that we girls in our family say when we don't feel presentable. (You think some of that thinking is passed down?? Just a thought.) We finally got her calmed down and convinced her we would delete some of the pictures. I love my grandparents. They could not have poured more love into us kiddos while we were growing up.
























THE END !!!

4 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

whose bum is that?!

very funny stuff!

and your gran gran asking about the parenting book, now that is FUNNY!

Kelli said...

And what an end it is!!! I'm so glad to hear that other people's children get a little out of control. Sometimes I feel like I just stink at this parenting thing - but alas, I am not the only one dealing with rowdy kids. And yes, daddy helps! Speaking of, our comes today! YAY! But I REALLY wish you guys were coming. Next year!

Jenny said...

haha:) I think I need that parenting book she bought for you!

The Moore's said...

What precious, priceless pics with your grandparents! You are so good at capturing moments!And by the way, considering the way your angels I mean children acted at my house, you should be writing parenting books!!They are such good boys and you are a GREAT mommy!