Friday, July 25, 2008

Mamma Mia is RIGHT!

Ahh...the ultimate girl movie. Throw in a little gay theme and risque things and I was saying "Mamma Mia" as well. Time to hike out of there! Now, whether to promote this movie to my friends or not! The dancing, singing, and sheer girly fun of it are enough to fill up my love tank for a week. The downside is the gay theme, Pierce Brosnan trying to sing, and my husband smirking and cutting up everytime they broke into song. I drug Eric there, thinking that since he was raised on musicals, he would behave, but I was wrong. Let's just say it gives us something to laugh about for awhile! (Eric wants me to clarify that he was not being a cut-up; he just smirked every now and then.)

OK...so I know some of you well enough to know whether you will like this or not:

Mom--not so much and you might be embarrassed with Mini by your side
Amelia--not really, but you aren't big on movies anyway
Anna--love it for the sheer factor of getting to laugh
Michelle--if you treat it like a Will Ferrell movie, you will do great
Kelli--you will love-love-love this and be the first person to go out and buy it
Barbara--you won't be able to tolerate the themes
Brittney--you will like it simply because you got to get out of the house and you won't give it a bad review because it will spoil your date night
Rebecca--you will like the singing and be impressed with Sophie's voice

Goodness, just go see and decide for yourselves!

2 comments:

Rodney Tindall, REALTOR said...

Oh...the humanity.

April has no desire to see that movie. Have I mentioned that I love my wife? More power to those who like this stuff.
I feel Eric's pain. I learned my lesson when my dad of all people drug me to see Moulin Rouge. After my seizures subsided, I swore off cheesy musicals. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers? Now there's a musical!

Little Oak Table said...

You. Are. A. Riot!

Seriously Dude. I can't take it!

DANCING QUEEN, She's only 17, la la la....You must get the CD!! It Rocks!!! Very good house cleaning music!