Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lovin' Toot Toot







When Cade was a toddler learning to talk, he got first dibs on naming his Great Grandmother. He was, afterall, the first great grandchild for her. He loved hearing her car with the automatic locks make the "Toot Toot" sound. So, he associated that sound with her and BAM! There was her new name. Grandmother will tell you it is spelled TU TU...which is actually Hawaiian for Grandmother....but we still cling to Toot Toot around here. The boys usually call her Grandmother now, but occasionally, the beloved "Toot Toot" slips out and it always makes me smile. We love you, Grandmother!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

We love you too, Grandmother! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

How pretty! I hope I look so good when I am a great Grandmother!! Just Beautiful!
From Becke's MOM

blessedpath said...

How sweet. Nothing more precious than the love of a grandma!

Kim said...

You guys are very blessed!

Jenny said...

Okay... so don't hate me. We left the bag of clothes at church. Cam went to pick up Piper and forgot them. I'm the worst freecycler ever!!