Saturday, July 26, 2008

The ZOO!










We took the boys to the Little Rock zoo today. The good news was that kids are free til Labor Day. The bad news is that we picked the hottest day of 2008 thus far to go on this adventure. It was tolerable, but Michelle won the bet...we didn't last 3 whole hours. Still, we did see everything that came out of hiding! Apparently, even animals get hot! They would rather hide in cool caves then let little boys ooh and aah. Bummer.

My favorite sayings from Sam were: "Follow me!, It Stinks!, Lemme see!, and Wait for me!"

Cade corrected me at one time and told me it wasn't a cantaloupe, but an antelope. Maybe I should get his ears checked.
The snake house was a big hit! I have a love/hate relationship with that place! I love taking pictures of things like that, but I hate the fact that there is glass separating me and my perfect shot. And then again, I just love the glass in between us!

Amelia, you will appreciate the fact that Eli wanted to take a pic of an elephant for "Peanuts"...his Webkins... so Peanuts could see what his family looked like. Unfortunately, the elephants were hiding in the cool barn, so the only pic Peanuts got was a picture of a picture if you know what I mean.
I think my favorite part was watching the giraffes. Man, they have the longest tongues! It also looks like they have perfected the art of applying eyeshadow and eyeliner! Love it!
God is so creative!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becke', I'm so impressed with your photography. You make the L.R. zoo look fun! The only picture that looks nonprofessional is the
first one!!?? What happened there?
I can just hear little Sam saying those things, and feel the correction from Cade, and Eli's logic in wanting to take a picture for Peanuts (or of Peanuts??). And the heat!! Oh what parents do to entertain children and build memories. You're great parents! Keep up the good work, and the photography.
Bebe

blessedpath said...

What awesome pics, you could work for the animal planet!!

Kelli said...

That picture of the Giraffe is AWESOME! You should photograph animals for magazines or something - you would get to go some cool places I bet. Looked like fun.

the Percifuls said...

I gotta get one of those cameras! These pics are great! Especially considering that it was like 150 degrees today. Great job!

the Fosters said...

I love the picture of the giraffe and the boys with the ape. Looks real!! What a fun family day!