Thursday, October 9, 2008

Almost Soup Season!

I am such a soup addict. There is something so wonderful about making a big pot of soup on Monday and having something warm and tasty to eat for lunch the rest of the week! I think I am making Broccoli Cheese Soup tonight. Eli has been begging for Little Caesar's pizza. He even emptied his piggy bank to see if he had enough to buy our family one! (He didn't.) We will see who wins. Maybe we can have pizza AND soup! Yum.

So, what is your favorite soup/stew/stoup in the world? If it isn't a familiar recipe, will you post it on your blog and tell me to check it out? I am always up for new soup recipes! Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

Kirby said...

Mom makes some sort of seafood soup with all kinds of sea pests... even squid! That one is quite fun!

Anonymous said...

One of the favorites around our house is baked potato soup. With the potato's, bacon, green onions and all the extras, YUMMY, now you are making me hungry! One of my favorites growing up was my mom's vegetable/beef/noodle soup!!
I am always up for a new soup recipe so if you have any really good ones to share that would be great!

Anonymous said...

I would love to have the receipes that '3againstone' talked about. They sound great!
Barb

Pam said...

Hey Becke',
I can't wait for soups!!! But it has to get a little colder for us to enjoy them. One of my favorites is Pampered Chef's Quick minestrone. You can find it on their website--pretty easy and healthy and makes a lot!
We also like Cha Cha's White chicken chili from Allrecipes.com

Three Against One said...

Hey Becke' I made my B
Baked Potato Soup last night so I thought I would go ahead and share the recipe since Barb said she would like it.

4 medium sized potatos- cooked and cubed
6 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled (I add a little more because we like bacon at our house)
1/3 cup chopped green onions (I also add a little extra onion too)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of chicken broth
1 cup half and half
1 cup of water
2 T margarine
Add salt and pepper to taste

Enjoy!!

Three Against One said...

I am sure this is obvious but cooked the potatos first and then add everthing together and cook until heated through. :)