Monday, October 13, 2008

Ewwwwww!!! Dog poo would have been better!!

I am doing my best to get our littlest potty trained. I thought I would try the John Rosemond method. This is the simplest thing I have ever heard of!
1. Tell the kid where the potty is
2. Tell the kid what you expect him to do in the potty
3. Let him run around with no underwear...especially no pull up
4. Don't hassle him every 5 minutes to go

Basically, act like the kid is old enough to figure it out (mine sure should be) and go about your business.

Anywhoo...Sam was outside playing tonight. I promise he wasn't out there naked. Cade came in screaming that Sam had pooped in his underwear. I calmly went outside and noticed that Sam was walking VERY slowly. I then noticed he had something on the bottom of his shoe. I felt relieved, thinking that he had just stepped in dog poop. Upon closer inspection, it was HIS poop he was dragging all over the yard. It had fallen out of his underwear (the sides aren't very tight) and he had stepped in it! GROSS!!!!!!!!!!! Aren't you glad I didn't take a picture to share?

What is your favorite potty training story??

4 comments:

Jenny said...

GIRL... let me tell you that John Rosemond potty training WORKS!! Andrew and Parker were potty trained literally within 2 days. Parker was only 21 months when, too. The key was to NEVER put them in clothes because the second you do..... well you know:).

Heather said...

YUCK! All I can say is that we had to stay home for about two weeks because we were using that method (modified a little) and we were so afraid to go anywhere!!!! I finally pulled a chair from our kitchen into the hallway outside the bathroom because I was tired of standing in there for so long!

Anonymous said...

EWWW!!!! How funny!!

Our best story happened before Bryton even started training.... I was in the kitchen, Jeremy was in the shower, and Bryton was playing in his room.... too quietly! I went to check on him, and as I rounded the corner Bryton met me- with a BIG poop log in his HAND!!
I screamed and grabbed his wrist and marched him into the bathroom. I said, "JEREMY! LOOK WHAT YOUR SON DID!!" and pulled back the shower curtain.......
After flushing the poo and several hours of handwashing/sanitizing repititions, we all laughed about it.... and are still laughing!!



Too much information?? : )

Anonymous said...

I never knew there was a John rosemond plan when I trained my boys. but it works. I did put them in our very private back yard with no clothes on (summertime) and it didn't take but a couple of days to figure out what to do. debbie L