Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Babe!


















Well, my better half is 37 today! Happy Birthday sweet thang! I hope the new year brings unfathomable joy and blessing to you! I just love being your Bride and I am so happy that God created you and then linked us together in marriage!
I still remember the very day I first heard your name. I had just graduated high school and my Mom's cousin's wife was telling me of this wonderful family that I should meet when I went to school at UCA. She told me there were two great Christian guys in that family that went to UCA. (And a third son that was younger.) She said their names were the Stuarts...she even spelled it out for me..."STUART." She said they would take me in like family and give me a good meal to eat when I was craving something other than dorm food. I thought, "Now, Debbie, this is awfully sweet of you to be thinking of a way to take care of me, but I am never going to meet these people in my life!!" Well, God had other plans. The family did befriend me and long before we ever started dating, I enjoyed many a good meal, thanks to them!
Your name has gotten more and more precious to me as the years go by. When our friends asked me recently why I married you, I told them it was because you had sexy legs. (Hee.) But, it went so much deeper than that! You saw the world from a perspective that I was craving. You had the ability to read scripture and understand and lead others into that understanding. You were passionate about the things of God and the people of God and how we can all be free because of Christ's sacrifice. You had a natural ability to lead and I was longing for someone to exercise their spiritual authority once I was to enter marriage.
Now that we have been married a decade, we have been through quite a few ups and downs! You have persevered in loving me and being patient with me through a horrendously sorrowful year. You have persevered in work, even when all of your efforts sometimes seem to be in vain and other times aren't being justly compensated. You have persevered in leading our children unto righteousness when the culture says to do anything but! You have persevered in standing on the truth of the Word, when it isn't always popular. Thank you for continuing to be the man I fell in love with!
I hope your day is special and that you are able to hear your Creator singing over you and saying that the concept of "Eric" was a very good one! Love you!

7 comments:

Amelia said...

Sexy Legs? O Dear! Anyways...Happy birthday Eric! Love ya!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Eric. I remember the first time I met you too. I was only 20 years old and I was horribly scared of you. We played Monopoly that weekend and I thought, Oh dear God, please don't let me get on this guy's bad side. But then, I caught a glimpse of those fabulous legs and was instantly and eternally mesmerized. Okay, not really - at all - but I did find that you are nothing more than a big teddy bear. I love you very much and am so grateful you're now my family. How great it is making memories with you guys. Which, speaking of, we're due for a getaway again! Love you and hope you have a wonderful, fabulous birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my favorite son in law!!
I remember when Becke' whined(sp?)..."I" want a Stuart boy! but, at the time you were all taken...by her best friends!(except Zach who was too young for her) I told her to be careful what she wished for. Because already God was impressing on my heart that you two would be together. which meant you would have to break up with one of her best friends..and what would THAT do to everyone? But,
God can handle little problems like that just fine. You two had already been destined to be together long before any of us had a clue.

we love you,Mim...and Jerry

Heather said...

Happy B-day Eric! I love what you wrote to him, Becke....so sweet and as always, I admire the two of you for your love for Christ and each other! It shines so brightly!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Eric! This is late in the day (9:00 p.m.), and I'm just getting around to reading the blogs for today. You are such a blessing to your Dad and me, and to the rest of the family. We love you and are so proud of you. Becke's blog said it all, and we feel so blessed to have her as our daughter-in-law and your wife. You've got a great family, and I know you enjoy them.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Well I'm slow in reading blogs this week but so glad I got around to this one. Happy Birthday Eric. I know you and Becke would have gotten together whether I was involved or not. It was a God thing! You have always been a joy to know, even when you were a little boy! love ya! Debbie Lynn

Lattegems said...

I love the blessing you said here about Eric. It is very encouraging to hear a wife say good things about her husband and bless him.