Monday, October 6, 2008

Encouraging Words



Our lovely economy and the financial stress of our country has made God's Word that much richer! I am thankful that our true hope lies in the King who owns everything there is to own! Here are some scriptures that seem fitting right now!

"But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and their confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8

"For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7

"Some nations boast of their armies and weapons, but we boast in the LORD our God. Those nations will fall down and collapse, but we will rise up and stand firm." Psalm 20:7

10 comments:

Kelli said...

Good word. Did you take those pictures?

In His Army said...

Thanks for sharing...are you enjoying Stepping Up?? I may jump in a Tuesday class with you guys sometime when I can't make it on a Monday.

Anonymous said...

soldier...stepping up is soooo good, huh? You are welcome to sit with us anytime!
Becke'

Anonymous said...

Kelli...nah, I wish!
Beck

the Fosters said...

Thanks for those wonderful verses! I love reading what is on your heart! Yes, did you take those amazing pictures?

Heather said...

Thanks for these great verses, Becke! I love being secure in our Father.

blessedpath said...

Just what I needed to read this am Becke. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I love those verses!!! I've been reminding myself lately too that our hope is in God, which is so awesome to think about, you know? God is still in control of our economy and country, no matter what! Thanks for the reminder, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, the last comment is from Rebecca! That would help if I added that!

Three Against One said...

Thanks for helping me to see things from another perspective. Love the pics too!!