Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thoughts on Voting

As I was driving to vote this morning, I was overcome with anguish. I was crying out to our Father...our Supreme Glorious Sovereign Daddy who doesn't let anyone rule unless He has ordained it...crying that he would be merciful and gracious during this election.

At home this afternoon, God showed me a verse that brought great comfort. Isaiah 33:2 says, "O Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." And verse 6 says, "He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure."

When we have a deep respect and reverence for our awesome God, we receive an immediate blessing: He is our sure foundation; He is our very salvation; He is our wisdom; He is our knowledge. There is no room left for fear; he is our very life.

I really enjoyed the Desiring God post on this subject...it is on the right hand side of the screen and called "Why Christians should vote like they aren't voting" (or something like that.)

May we be spurred on to reverence for our Most Holy God in the "times" to come...no matter who wins the election, different "times" will be upon us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the Desiring God post yesterday, too! I even printed it out, so I could keep it and reread and study and ponder and take comfort in it.
mom

Lattegems said...

I'm also wondering what's in store for "times" coming up. I voted early and was asking the Lord for help. Then I had the thought that the early voting might seem to be a good idea so there are not such long lines, but now I wondered that it might be a ploy to get "pray-ers" to not think about praying together since everyone votes at different times.
Oh, I've enjoyed viewing your very creative pictures. You're doing a good job.