Monday, February 8, 2010

Guest Writer Monday: Marvin!

You guys ready for Guest Writer Monday?! Meet Marvin! When God had Marvin in mind, he decided to show off a little. The man is so talented, I don't even know where to begin. Marvin carries a song in his heart that always brings others refreshment and joy. He has the ability to write music, cook, and play "farkle" as if God Himself were throwing down the dice. His latest discovered gift is the gift of "concoction" or the ability to create yummy punches. I am just glad he shares. :) Enjoy his gift of writing. Read slowly and savor God's glory!





God’s Glory


It makes God impressive. It makes Him worthy of praise.
It’s too heavy to be weighed and too dangerous to be taken by man.
God’s Glory

I see it in the clouds. I hear it in the wind. I feel it in the rain.
I’ve heard it in thunder, seen it flash in the sky and felt it in a fierce breeze.
I’ve known it when I have been recognized, honored, awarded and rewarded.
God’s glory

I’ve seen it in the delivery room. I’ve heard it in the baby’s cry.
I’ve seen it in their first steps and heard it in their first words.
I’ve heard it in laughter, seen it in teardrops and heard it in solitude.
God’s glory

I’ve seen it in His creation, ideas, inventions and power.
I felt it when comforted, when embraced and touched by love.
I’ve smelled it the fragrance of a rose, gardenia and magnolia.
God’s Glory

I’ve felt it in times of loss and sorrow, when surrounded by grief and pain.
I’ve witnessed it in sickness, whether His remedy was healing or grace.
I’ve seen it at weddings and when saints were laid to rest.
God’s Glory

It can be seen in the brightness of primary colors.
You can also see it in the soft pastels.
It can even be seen in the richness of black, grays and browns.
God’s Glory

I’ve seen it in the seed that germinates and then sprouts.
It’s been tasted in fruit, so sweet.
My feet have been dampened by the dew covered grass,
after I’ve rested and dreamed during a peaceful sleep.
God’s Glory

It’s seen in starry nights and in a golden sunrise.
It’s seen in rainbows, snow and sleet.
DNA, fingerprints, body systems and functions and every heartbeat screams
God’s Glory

It makes God impressive. It makes Him worthy of praise.
It’s too heavy to be weighed and to dangerous to be taken by man.
God’s Glory

Notice it! Appreciate it! Photograph it! Film it! Write about it! Record it! Remember it! Sing it! Shout because of it! Thank Him when you experience it! Acknowledge it! Don’t ignore it! Don’t take it for granted! Don’t take credit for it! Mention it! Enjoy it! Spread it! Tell about it!
Thank Him for His Glory

4 comments:

Pam said...

Wow! I love that.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful definition of God's Glory. If that's not a song, it should be. Thanks, Marvin, for sharing this reminder that God's glory is all around us.
In Him,
Barb Stuart (Eric's Mom)

Little Oak Table said...

Marvin has the new gift of concoctions-that cracked me up!!!

Whew-I love this post. I agree with Barb-that sounds like the makings of a beautiful worship song to our King!

Love to Marvin & Pearly!

Michelle said...

I can't find the verse talking about the gift of concoctions but I agree with Becke it is definitely a gift.

Beautiful words Marvin that painted the sweetest picture of our God. Thanks for sharing all your gifts