Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's the Small Things

It's the small things I miss. Being a first time Mom with Cade, I was a bit protective and guarded in what I allowed as Momma bear. So, 9 1/2 years ago, when Kiley started shoving the chocolate filling (of my Nana's chocolate pie) into 5 month old Cade's mouth, I about had a heart attack. (That isn't me smiling in the background...it is my Mom laughing and encouraging her wild antics!)

What about made me pass out then makes me laugh out loud today. Kiley sometimes pushed buttons to get a response, but she was good ol' fun. It's the small things I miss these days.

She's been in her new home for almost 2 years and I promise you, in a way, it feels like no time has passed at all. (I wonder if she feels the same since she doesn't have time up there??)

I wear a lot of her clothes. Have been for two years. Some things are starting to look ratty. After I noticed a snag in one shirt, I just broke down into sobs. What will I have left once her wardrobe has died as well? I know they are just clothes, but it is all I have that is left of her.

Should I trade her garments for a garment of praise?

These are hard days.

Lord, please give us a song of joy to sing.

9 comments:

Libby said...

I agree... I've been thinking about her a lot lately and can't believe it's already been 2 years!

Kelli said...

It is amazing that it's been two years. I bet it feels like a breath to her.

Kim said...

I've been thinking a lot about you lately knowing two years is coming up. Your in my prayers. Love ya.

Little Oak Table said...

I thought about Kiley this afternoon. And I thanked God for you and your friendship. Love you Beck.

Anonymous said...

You really "WERE" upset with us for feeding your baby chocolate!!!! It's brain food! Look how smart that boy is today! I knew you would get past being so particular, you probably didn't even go wash the paci off every time it hit the floor with the next two. :)

Boy, I miss her smile and her "Tude"
And I so miss hearing her pray out loud.
Mom

Jenny said...

Thinking about you and your family and praying this week brings sweet reminders of your sister. He will carry you through!

Anonymous said...

love you

Boop said...

There is so much truth to the saying, "Little things mean a lot"! Time-where has it gone, I think of her so often. My heart hurts for you and your family. Thank you for letting us see your heart during these times, it means so much. Love and prayers coming your way!

the Fosters said...

Thinking of you this week! You are in my thoughts and prayers!