Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Descent

It started right before Christmas.  The theme of return was everywhere I looked.  Every single passage of scripture was telling me it was time to return.

Return to what, Lord?

I mulled the idea around for a few weeks and begged God to do more than just write a word upon my heart.

He was going to have to be specific or I wasn't going to know how to obey.

And then I read a book.  A book of allegory that might as well have been my heart's journey through threshing and refining.  A book that finally told me what God had in mind concerning my return.

I had to get off the mountain and go back down.  It was time for the descent.

The journey up the mountain has taken almost three years.  Today, 35 months.  A pilgrimage where God has captured every tear and placed them in a bottle.  My heart has traversed through beating on my Savior's chest in anger, wondering if sorrow and suffering will always be my companion, and learning to breathe again.

I am finally at the top.

Sorrow and suffering have slowly morphed into joy and peace.  And at this occurrence, I see the need.

To descend.

To find those that are stuck.  To offer them what God offered me.  To make manifest what was made manifest in my life.  To aid in their journey to the top.

God made it so clear as to the initial way into this journey.  He swiftly planted the thought one morning at church and I knew at once it was perfect!  I would start by pouring into three high school girls.  Girls I know by name and have a special affection for.  Yes, I was to start there.

And, so a new odyssey of sorts begins this next week.  One where I am not so much the broken as much as the one preparing the way for the Mender.  Because when God manifests Himself, you can't keep it all to yourself. 

"She, too, at last, was to go down~pouring herself forth in Love's abandonment of Self-giving.  'He brought me to the heights just for this,' she whispered to herself, and then looked at Him and nodded."

1 comment:

Erica said...

Praying for all of you :)