Monday, January 3, 2011

The High Places

You probably have your book list circa 2011 started.  Have you read "Hinds' Feet on High Places?"  I got it from my Mom years ago.  When I say years, I mean like pre-kids kinds of years ago.  She probably said something to the effect of, "The Holy Spirit will tell you when it is time to read it."  Boy was she right.  As I was rummaging through the garage last night looking for a different book, this one pretty much yelled, "pick me, pick me."  I knew at once in my spirit that I was supposed to read it. 

This book wouldn't have made much sense unless I had the last three years to go from.  Which I guess is why God wanted me to wait.

But now, it might as well be my spiritual life in a nutshell.  I have never before read anything that is so in tune with the journey of my heart.

Have you read this?  What did you think about it?  Where do you think you are at in the journey?

I would highly recommend it to you for 2011!  You know, just in case your book list is dying to get longer!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I have this on my bookshelf and have heard good things about it years ago... but haven't read it yet. IF I ever get time this year... ha!... I might just have to... maybe I'll take it w/ me to Ethiopia:)

Little Oak Table said...

This is one of those books you always hear the title and never have read it.

Your post has me verrrrry interested now.