Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Mess

Welcome to my mess.  Step right in.  I have manicotti waiting for you.  It is tasty, you just have to overlook a few things.  Did I mention I was attending an organization class tomorrow?  What's that?  You think that is a great idea?  Well, I am glad to have made you happy.  Enjoy the manicotti.  Just shut your eyes.

Mess #1.   Here we have the paper stash corner.  It provides a comfy home to bills, mail, endless school papers, gum, CD player,  leftover baked goods, and memory verse cards.  If you ever want to have a good hiding place, I would recommend this spot for you.  The only problem for me is that this is what everyone sees when they first walk into my home.  What I can't figure out is that I know I need everything visual or I will forget about it and yet I can't stand to look at it.
 Mess #2.  My work area/catch all area.  What doesn't end up in the corner of shame in the kitchen makes its way over here.  I often start to hyperventilate because I feel like the walls are closing in on me for some reason.
 Mess #3.  The closets.  This closet was actually "put back together again" after Christmas and birthday hit...believe it or not.  I hate the cramped feeling, and I have a feeling that when Rhea Lana's sale rolls around in the spring, I will be more than ready for it.
OK, we'll see how tomorrow's class saves my life.  Or heaps guilt.  Or throws me into a state of being overwhelmed and the end result is no change.  Let's hope for the first!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you learn anything helpful, let me know. I could use some good organizational advise.
Kim

Pam said...

If it makes you feel any better, I can send you pictures of the current state of my house...and it'll be way more than 3 messes! I say lets just blame it on the boys!

Jenny said...

Girl... come on over to my house when you learn how to get rid of that clutter!

Kelli said...

Be sure to share your expertise because I have the same problems. Big time. Also I LOVE your bathroom makeover. The birfds rock and I was very happy to see your Philosophy face wash. Well done. :)

Paige said...

I am SO right there with ya on every bit of that. Let me know about the class - I may need to attend one as well!