Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Manifest!

Do you ever look up the Greek or Hebrew words for key words in the Bible?  It is so addictive...kind of like unlocking some secret code or something.  Now, don't get me wrong, about 60% of the time (don't quote me on the percentage thing, as soon as I had to take a stats class in psych, I quickly changed my major.  Math hand in hand with psychology...who knew?), a word like "see" will mean ummmm, "see."  Profound, I know.

But, sometimes, you get a little gold at the end of the rainbow.  Needle in a haystack.  Chocolate chip in your pancake.

And today was that day.  And I do love me some chocolate.

My mind has been on Jeremiah 33:3 lately..."Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known."

To find the Hebrew for "tell" you have to look up what it says in the KJV.  It says "show" and that word is "nagad."  {Now I have to preface this by saying that the prayer of my heart is that I would be marked by manifestation...that God's presence would be all over me this year.}  So, guess what "nagad" means?  TO MANIFEST.

Hello chocolate.  Oh, how I love thee.  I think I will go for seconds.

So, I've had  Matthew 5:14 on my mind.  "You are the light of the world."  Me.  You.  The peeps where God dwells. 

Light in Greek is "phos" which means to shine or TO MAKE MANIFEST.  The glorious rays of God's light are coming out of you, friend!  Your good works are making Him manifest to those around you!

So, this is how I am taking this:  I am to sit down with God Almighty and He will graciously reveal Himself to me and tell me things that I have not known.  He is going to manifest Himself to me.  And then...I am going to go manifest Him to others.

Oooh, glory.  Who said the word of God wasn't tasty?

3 comments:

Cassie said... said...

I feel more shiney already!

Erica said...

love me some chocolate...especially when it's shiny :)

Anonymous said...

In S.S. we have started a year long study of the book of Acts. As you know this is a study of the early "EKKLESIA", The Church, God's Called Out Ones. What you have shared is the 'mission' of each of us "Called Out Ones", to reveal (manifest) to the world the Truths God reveals (manifest) to us. Each week as I study the lessons, the question God has brought before me is, "Are you carrying out the 'Mission' of the church?" Lord, keep this question before me and all of your "Called Out Ones".
Thank you for your word that confirms the importance of this study for our church.
Barb