Monday, January 17, 2011

A Little Delight on a Monday Morning

While on the treadmill, God gave me something pretty to look at today.  This little male cardinal sat perched like this for thirty whole minutes.  He barely moved.  I took it as a direct gift from God to have something pretty to feast my eyes upon on a rather bleak day.

I told God it would be pretty awesome if He would delight me by letting me go grab my camera and somehow, miraculously, snap a few shots before he flew away.

I think it must make God smile when we ask Him to delight us.
 Isn't he pretty?
 And then:  double delight!  His little female companion was right up there with him the whole time and I didn't even know it.  I guess he had been on the lookout;  offering her some protection.   Most cardinals are monogamous...one mate. 


I thought this was sweet:
"Did you know that cardinals sing their best during the love season? They sing with great emphasis as evident in the swelling of their throat, spreading of their tail, drooping of wings and leaning from side to side as if performing on stage with much gusto. They repeat these melodies over and over again resting only for a short time to breathe."

Are we the same way as created beings who worship our creator?  Do we sing our best when we feel the most love towards our God?  I'd like to think so. 

I think a little delight can go a long way in our love song to our Maker.

"He takes no pleasure in human tears. He came and wept that He might stop up forever the fountain of human tears. He came and bereaved His mother that He might heal all bereavement. He came and lost everything that He might heal the wounds that we have from losing things. And He wants us to take pleasure in Him. Let us put away our doubts and trust Him. God wants to please you. He is pleased when you are His child, when you're surrendered, when your will is His will and His will is yours, when you are not in rebellion and not seeking your own will. God loves to please His people."   Tozer

1 comment:

Boop said...

Wow! This morning was very dreary here, and I wasn't really wanting to get out, but as I opened the curtains to let my little dog out I saw a male cardinal hopping around looking for food. It brightened my day and reminded me of how God provides for all His creation! They are so beautiful-I love birds!