Thursday, January 20, 2011

What's Your Worship?

So, what's your worship?  What is the one thing that you absolutely have to do or you will explode?  I have been thinking about this some lately because I want to write.  I crave writing.  I just want to sit down and write something.  Anything.  Anything about God and His glory.  Anything about His goodness.

I think it is my worship.  If I don't do it, I will go insane.

My friend told me today that she has this strong urging to start singing again.  Perhaps the Holy Spirit is bubbling up in her, offering her praises to sing to her Redeemer.  If she doesn't listen to that still small voice, then she may burst.  But I know she'll listen and sing and glorify the King!  Worship must have an outlet.  It isn't meant to be kept inside all the time.

We are created beings and we are each gifted in different ways to express our gratitude to our Creator and Redeemer.  Your entire frame was created to be an instrument of praise.  What allows you to experience His glory?  What is your worship?

"Without worship, we go about miserable."  A.W. Tozer

Are we a miserable people?  Then perhaps we are not listening to and heeding that still small voice that is telling us what our personal worship is to be.  It doesn't have to look like the worship of your friend or husband.  We were all created very differently.  And our worship may express itself differently.

What is your worship?

5 comments:

Mark and Cari said...

I feel like I always have a song in my heart. It's generally one that we've practiced in choir practice but the words have such great meanings that they just stick and I go around all day lifting my heart in song and when I can, my voice.

Cassie said... said...

music for me...no doubt. I'm not great at it, but I guess since God gave me the voice I have he really don't mind.

Kelli said...

Loved this! These words inspired me. :)

Little Oak Table said...

thank you friend :)

Savannah B said...

We dance. When we're cleaning, we listen to praise and worship music. Occasionally one (or all 3) of my babies will come to me asking for a dance. We groove and shake and twirl and shout to the Lord. We praise. We raise our hands. We sing (to quote an old Psalty VHS tape) "from our hearts straight to Jesus!"