Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Master Bathroom Reveal!

TADA!!!!
Our shower has been out of commission for awhile but we got it fixed!  For some reason, Lowe's didn't carry baby poop avocado green circa 1960, so we went with white and did a little diamond design to tie it all in...which I am now loving! 

I thought the whimsical design called for a bathroom redo!  I wanted fresh, bright, springy, and happy!  The bird picture was my inspiration and then I went from there.  Who knew Pier One would have happy bird plates drastically reduced?  :)  Who knew Kohl's would have fluffy white towels cheaper than cheap?  :)  {A special shout out to Anna for loading up her bus full of boys and helping me shop!}
I am thinking about buying the Waverly fabric you see in the last photo to make a window topper.  What do you think?  Do you love it?  Is it worth $20 a yard?  Will it tie everything together?

I love my new bathroom.  It is apparently making me feel like a Princess as I get ready because two mornings in a row I have gotten in trouble from the Mr. for making us all late. 

I can't help it.  I just want to enjoy it!











8 comments:

Leslie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! YES, it is TOTALLY worth the $20 for fabric. That will totally pull everything together. I Love how you took the green(that we had in our bathroom at our last house) and made it work with the more modern white shower! Those green tiles are GREAT! The plates are cute, the picture is beautiful! I say get the fabric and if you have any scraps left you could always frame them in a pretty white frame or something.=)

Little Oak Table said...

SO, SO, SO CUTE.

Your bathrom SCREAMS Martha lives here!

OK Princess, I have extra tiaras if you need one.

Anonymous said...

It looks great! You did a super job decorating and I do love the fabric. (It may call for new bedding!!!!) Can't wait to see it up front and personal.
Congrats!
Barb

Mark and Cari said...

Love the fabric.....Go for it!

Paige said...

yes yES YES it is ABSOLUTELY worth $20 a yard for he fabric! LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

I love your bathroom! I may have that fabric or something close to it. Made some dining room curtains a while back. If I have any extra I'll bring it over for you to look at it. Betty

Anonymous said...

thanks betty!
beck

blessedpath said...

MOST DEFINATELY buy the fabric!!! It is awesome! I love how you have made an older bathroom look so new, vibrant, hip and current.Love it! :)