Monday, May 26, 2008

Six Kids, Six Flags, and Six Turtles










































We did it! We survived a very kid-oriented trip to St. Louis to see Lee, Kelli, Sloan, Tia, and Landon. The kids did great on the 6 hour car ride. Cade, Eli, and Sam did a great job of sleeping in an unfamiliar place. They loved, loved, loved seeing their cousins for a few days straight.

We got to go to the St. Louis Zoo and Six Flags. This was the boys' first trip to Six Flags and I think after Cade and Eli rode Thunder River they decided it was the best place in the world. After Sam rode something that scared the mess out of him and almost made me strangle the lady for not stopping the ride soon enough, his vote for Six Flags is still out there somewhere.

The kiddos loved playing Wii together, playing ball, having picnics, and splashing in the tub together. I enjoyed late night talks with other adults while the kids were asleep.

Six kids under the age of 8 is a whole heap of activity. They were all really good, but it sure is crazy. I still can't get over this family in NWA that is about to have their 18th kid. Whoaaaaaa.

I am really really really sleepy, and I am sure that I am forgetting some great stories, so do forgive and just enjoy the pics!
Oh yeah, back to the title. On the way home, Eric and I saw 6 ALIVE turtles trying to cross the road. What on earth?? They were all on the roads in Missouri. I think I am going to write the State Legislatures of Missouri and see if they can't endorse a law to spade and neuter the turtle population and see if they can't get things under control up there.
OK, OK, one story for you. On the way back home, we stopped in a seedy gas station to get gas and go potty. I took ALL three boys with me in a single potty room. Sam was complaining that he was poopy, so I took off his diaper to see what the deal was (cause I knew he wasn't.) I decided to let him try on the potty and as I was trying to get it clean enough for him to sit on, he started peeing everywhere...floor, pants, and potty seat once I grabbed him and held him over the seat...like a plane flying overhead. Accidents don't bother me, but cleaning up pee in a nasty bathroom is a little out of my comfort zone. EEWW, I just get the shivers thinking about it.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

SOOOOO glad you came for the weekend. It was a blast. All day Sloan has said how sad he is and how much he misses his cousins. I miss you guys already too. Wish you lived closer. Thanks for driving up here and for giving us company. It was fabulous. Love you!

blessedpath said...

Hey Becke, I wish so much I could have met you in person this past weekend while you were at Kelli's. I had to work the entire wkend. I feel like I know you and your family. I love to read your blog and LOVE all your music on your playlist. I often minimize your screen after I read it and listen to the music while on the computer!!! Please feel free to comment on my blog....I would love it!! Kelli is my best fan! (and only at times) Not many of my friends have blogs, so I read all of Kelli's friends. (yikes, that sounds kinda sad huh) Well, look forward to your updates!!! Carol

Anonymous said...

awesome! great pictures.

what a great weekend.

i hope ya'll feel refreshed!

love,
anna

Anonymous said...

I feel like three kids in the grocery store is a little too much action. You guys were brave to go to six flags while being outnumbered by wild children;). I love reading your blog and seeing all your great pics. You remind me so much of your wonderful mom.

Anonymous said...

Our computer has been down, and I'm just catching up on your blog. All I can say is those may be the cutest & sweetest 6 grandchildren I have ever seen!! I feel so blessed.
BeBe