Monday, May 5, 2008

Kirby GRADUATES!!!















My brother, Kirby, graduated from John Brown University this weekend! We are so proud of him. He got his braces off, got a youth minister job in Harrison, and graduated all in the same week! He is big time now, let me tell you! He even has the girl of his dreams, Carrie, on his arm. I won't detail the events of the whole weekend, that would take too long and some stories are out of bounds for the blog! I will tell you that Amelia and I hate graduations and got bored out of our minds. We started taking pictures of our feet (see pic) and eating Nutter Butters. We were sitting on the far side, so I am pretty sure that we weren't disturbing anyone. Kirby's long-time friend, Craig Dewey came and helped keep us girls in line. (Well, not really, if you know Craig at all...) We got to have a huge cookout at Mom and Dad's afterwards with family and friends. It was so relaxing and fun to sit in the perfect weather for hours catching up with everyone.

I will tell one little story...Friday night Dad, Mom, Mini, and I met Kirby at the Clarion for the Seafood Buffet. Dad was driving Mom's car, handed the keys to her before he got out, and proceeded inside. Mom, Amelia, and I decided to leave our purses in the car so we wouldn't have to mess with them in the buffet line. After we sat down and got our water, we realized what had happened! Yep...locked them in the car. After calling Pop-A-Lock, and being redeemed, we enjoyed our meal. (Well, not really enjoyed the food, but did enjoy being with each other.) As we headed back to our cars, Kirby started hitting his pockets, searching in vain for HIS keys. Yep, this is where the story gets funny. I mean, have you ever heard of one family in two separate cars meeting for dinner and they BOTH lock their keys in the car? How insane is that? Luckily, Kirby always hides a spare and we were spared another $35 to Pop-A-Lock.

I am so excited about the new journey Kirby is about to embark on. What fun to be on your own and getting a paycheck at the same time! What a joy it will be to invest in the lives of young kids...praying for them along the way. I pray he knows God deeper and deeper along this journey.

Well, I am off to menu-plan for the week. What sounds good to you at the moment?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two things always sound good to me for dinner--pizza or tacos.

You're right--graduations are boring. I don't get the graduation speaker. I mean, does anyone really remember what he said five minutes after it's over? The graduates (and families!) would probably be just as happy if they just handed out the diplomas and got it over with!

Jenny said...

We just had snow on the mountain for dinner (one of my favs)... chicken, rice, cheese (& gravy made from the chicken broth). Cam always add bell peppers, onions and bacos to his. We cooked the chicken in the crockpot so it was a super easy meal:).

Kelli said...

I can tell you what does not sound good and that's the taquitos that we had for dinner. Trader Joe's has many cool things - taquitos are not one of them. Hope you have better luck!

Anonymous said...

Concerning graduation! Congrats Kirby on graduation, new job, new look, and an adorable Carrie!

I love the way girls can entertain themselves so quietly when bored.
Barb