Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

I am thankful to be a Mommy to these three boys. I guess I never dreamed I would have only boys...and I guess it is still possible to have a girl, but I wouldn't trade these little stinkers for anything. Mothering them has brought out a love so deep...it has made me realize that my Heavenly Father loves even deeper...and that is a whole bunch! I am thankful that Eric and I have such a Godly heritage and that we have good examples of parents to look to.

I thought I would honor my Mom and Mother-in-law with some words today.

My Mommy is such a tender soul. She aches when others ache and she rejoices when others rejoice. She melts at the sight of newborn babies, newborn calves, and newborn puppies. My Mom waited 7 seven years before she and Dad could have kids. She spent that time investing into little foster babies and children, giving them love and goodness. She was later rewarded with 5 of her own children. Her road has been marked with suffering. No Mother should have to bury her own child. Somehow, through the journey, her faith has deepened and she is still able to love the rest of us unconditionally and without reserve. She is a Godly woman. I have many memories of her on her bed with her Bible and study materials out in front of her. My Mom is a prayer warrior, doing most of her battle in the silent recesses of her mind. My Mom has the most amazing soprano voice. She was even given the ability from the Holy Spirit to write some songs for His glory. My Mom is gorgeous...time only makes her more beautiful. I have such a respect for my Mom now that I am one. I imagine that she also experienced doubts that she was doing a good job. Now, seeing that she has 5 Godly children, one at the foot of Jesus, I have hope that my kids will be OK, as well. It grieves me to not be with her on this special day, but she is understanding and forgiving like that. I love you with all my heart.


My Mother-in-law has been a God-sent gift to me. I hear many horror stories of people not enjoying their in-laws. God blessed me tremendously with Eric's parents. Barbara and I are opposite in many ways. She is more outspoken and sociable, and has stretched me out of my comfort zone quite a few times. God knew I needed some stretching, so this has been a blessing. Barbara has never met a stranger and once you meet her and know her heart, you love her. She is a servant to whoever comes into her presence. She has spent much of her life investing into young married women's lives....teaching them to submit to their husbands and encouraging them in their Mothering. She raised three Godly sons, one of whom I am glad to share my life with. She taught them how to clean, do laundry, and enjoy movies like "Anne of Green Gables." She instilled in them how to respect women. She is very unselfish, always wanting to help others and know how to pray for them. She is a master at organizing and creating room when there is no more room left to be created. This is her first year without her Mother's presence and I am so sad for her....yet joyous for their reunion one day. I cherish you on this special day.

4 comments:

the Percifuls said...

Isn't it wonderful to be blessed with 2 mothers? This year for Mother's Day, I was able to buy the same sweet card for my mom & my mother-in-law. They are both such good friends, and I feel so lucky to have both of them!

Anonymous said...

Well, Barbara and I are lucky beyond words to have you as a daughter and daughter-in-law!! I don't know what we did to deserve you, but, thank you God! You are so thoughtful and considerate. You have "Such Wisdom". Your children have an awesome MOM, and Eric has a devoted, loving wife. Isn't he fortunate!!! Sometimes I just hate it that you are in Conway and don't live closer to me. But, I ALWAYS thank God that you have Herb and Barbara and that they are so willing to help you. And that they are Godly people who help in training your children in the way they should go.
I love you with all of my heart, too!! MOM

Anonymous said...

Becke', you may not get this since this is the 3rd time I've tried to reply on the blog. I hear 3rd time is a charm! We'll see!

Debbie, you are so right! Amazed & blessed are the words that come to my mine when I consider the awesome gift God has given Herb & me when he gave us Becke'. Thank you Jerry & Debbie for raising such a precious daughter who is willing to love and accept her in-laws even with all their "in-law" faults.

Becke', Herb & I comment often that there is absolutely NOTHING we would change about you. Thank you for the blessing & honor you have shown me on your Mother's Day blog.

Love, Barb

Well, here goes!!!!!!

Pam said...

Ditto on the comments about Barbara. I greatly appreciate the investment she and Herb made into Nathan and I during our time in Conway. They were a wonderful influence and example during our first few years of marriage and parenthood!
Thank you Barbara and I hope you had a great Mother's Day!!!