Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just Being Thankful



The younger boys and I went to Kroger this morning to see just how full we could get our cart. Do you ever have times when you seem to be out of everything? As we were trying to park, two of my "ideal" places were stolen by someone else. OK, they weren't stolen, but I did have my eyes on them. Walking in, we noticed a man in a motorized wheel chair that did not have any legs. I was thankful to have legs; it even made walking a mile to the front of the store a joy.

As we were checking out, a deaf man helped us to our car and loaded the grocery bags for us. I wanted to cry...I am so thankful I can hear. I can't imagine life without hearing my kids' voices or getting to enjoy worship music. I was thankful that I at least know "thank you" in sign language so I could express my gratitude.

Shane and Anna got to bring baby Jack home yesterday. I am so thankful that he is better and they are able to be together as a family again. There is nothing sweeter than seeing answered prayers...especially when it involves a newborn. Speaking of newborns, check out Kelli's blog today...see right for link. She has found the link to Todd from the music group Selah. The blog is about their 4th baby girl. She is right, though, you will need kleenex.

I am also thankful that I splurged and bought the Dove Irresistibly Raspberry Ice Cream. (I had a coupon, but it was still $2 for 1 pint!) Oh, my, it is sooooooo good! It is this amazingly good raspberry ice cream with chocolate chunks in it and then it is topped with Dove chocolate ganache. I can't wait to try other flavors...mmmmm.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

the Percifuls said...

How funny that you should ask that question. I woke up this morning, and my daily calendar said "You always have time for the things you put first." I decided the first thing I wanted to do today was list what I was thankful for...

1. My salvation, through the gift of Jesus.
2. My amazing family - a great husband, smart & healthy kids, loving & supportive parents, and siblings that are my best friends.
3. My friends, who have helped me through so much & love me unconditionally.
4. Having enough money to be able to do what I need to do, plus give some away. (But not enough that I get spoiled & overly materialistic!)
5. My freedom. Sometimes we forget how lucky we are to have been born here. Many millions around the world suffer in ways we will never have to experience.

Considering all that, how could I possibly complain about anything? Life is good!!