Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tub Time!








Anna and I were talking today about black and white pictures. What is it about the lack of color that makes them absolutely irresistible? I am thinking that when they went from black and white TV's to color ones, it was probably a waste of time. I enjoy reruns of The Andy Griffith Show...especially the ones in black and white. The technicolor ones aren't as neat and dear to my heart for some reason.

Eli had his first snow cone tonight while at Cade's baseball game. While walking back to our chairs so we could sit down and slurp it down, he told me that, "This snowcone is going to taste like heaven." (How is that snowcone, Kiley??) We were holding hands while going back to our seats and I asked him if he would hold my hand forever...no matter his age. He said that by age 20 he would be old enough to walk by himself. I am glad I have 15 years left!

Cade has a friend from church that is going to go to Conway Christian next year. The friend got to "shadow" in Cade's class the other day. Cade's teacher (before she even knew they were friends) picked Cade to be the one to help him around because he is her "responsible student." It really is fun to see him being reliable and trustworthy even when I am not around.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're becoming quite the photographer!

You said the class made you want a fancy camera--so did you end up getting one? Please tell me you didn't... I keep holding out hope that it's possible to take awesome pictures with the camera I already have!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I borrowed my in-laws camera for all of these pics. It is a Canon Powershot S3...a step up from my canon. It zooms in close, but I have trouble with focusing sometimes. If you ever bite the bullet and want something that will do all of the work for you, check out the Canon Rebel or the Nikon D80. Unfortunately for our budgets, a nice camera really does make a big difference! ;)
Becke'

Jenny said...

I agree... a good camera makes all the difference. I have a Canon Rebel. It was such a blessing because I got an unexpected bonus my first year teaching at Greenbrier and it covered the entire expense... I will say that we've definitely gotten our moneys worth.
Also, I agree about the black and white... they're by far my favorite photos. Every once in a while I force myself to leave something color because I feel that I probably shouldn't put everything black and white but I do LOVE it!!

Kelli said...

Okay - You MUST give me a crash course in photography next weekend because you clearly know how to use my camera better than I do! Can't wait to see you!

Little Oak Table said...

what flavor snocone did he get?!