Thursday, August 21, 2008

And...They Are Off!





And...my babies are off to 2nd grade and kindergarten. I often think about my memories of those grades and how certain things are still very vivid in my mind. I wonder what will stick out to them and be impressionable enough to remain through the years. Good things, hopefully!
I asked the boys this morning to give me examples of good behavior for their teachers. Eli blurted out with "Burp with my mouth closed!" and Cade said "to portray the fruits of the Spirit." He even knew what those fruits were. Said he learned that last night in church. Cool. Gotta like that.
I pray those kiddos are protected. I pray Eli's teacher instills in him a love of learning and teaches him that some things take patience and effort. I pray Cade is respectful to authority and doesn't come across as a know-it-all. I pray they are kind and loving to everyone in their classes. I pray my one-on-one time with Sam will be precious and fruitful. Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to send these kids to this school. It is such a blessing to our whole family!

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Yay Cade and Wli. They look so cute all dressed up. Oh, I remember how exciting it was to start school. Hope they're enjoying their first few days. We can't wait to see you guys next week.

Kelli said...

Sorry, I meant to say yay Cade and ELI. Wasn't paying attention...

blessedpath said...

How awesome. love their responses to you about manners and respect!! Do you always look that "dressed" in the morning?? You look pretty darn cute for that early.....I am always in sweats with no make-up.....ask Kelli, it's NOT a pretty sight!

Anonymous said...

What handsome boys! Hopefully they'll come home as excited as they left. I pray they have a great schoolyear. Becke you sure look like your mom in this picture. cousin deb

Little Oak Table said...

and you are workin' that texas hair at an insanely early hour! we are all impressed mrs. america! and by the way, i am so seeing you working round and round with that cute shirt! and are those leggings i spy?? do tell!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I have grandkids this age. As my Mother used to say "someone's getting old and it's not me."

Cade and Eli, I hope your first day was great! I know your teachers were surely blessed to have you in class. As a former
2nd grade teacher, you would be described as a 'breath of fresh air.' Have a great year!
Bebe

Becke' said...

In response to Carol and Anna:
In anticipation of the first day of school, hence pictures, I decided to get all dolled up. Today was a bit more normal...tshirt and work out shorts. Not that I am in a work out phase...but you get the idea. Now, for the leggings question. It is true. I have on leggings. I am a not-that-skinny 31 year old and I confess, I have on leggings. It is probably Eric's least favorite outfit on me, but dog-on-it, they are fun. And comfy, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for the 1st day of school! And even more YAY for not having to have a first day of school for quite a while!!!