Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A word of Hope (6 months)

After cleaning my in laws' house today, I got tickled at how that ritual has become my "cry out to God time." I blast my music from my blog and go from deep anguished cries to jumping up and down in worship. Kiley left this world and entered the eternal presence of our sweet Saviour six months ago. As the tears fell, I humbly asked the Lord if the pain would ever end. Besides the pain, there are so many questions that I have. "What was running through her head at the time?" "Did she feel like the loneliest person ever in those moments?" "Why did God allow it?" "Will things get emotionally easier for our family?" I have no answers and have come to the conclusion that I won't. But, these verses gave me great comfort today...they are from the Message version of the Word...in 1 Corinthians chapter 13.

"We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!"

"But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love."

I really long for the day when things make sense! What joy it will be to see our Saviour's master plan and how He really DID turn bad into good for His children. In the meantime, I have a commission...and it happens to be the only one that will keep me sane. Trust God, hope in Heaven and God's love towards me, and love others like there is no tomorrow.

I also like how the Message describes the famous "love" verses...read and soak it up!

"Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others.
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies."

4 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth. LOVE THAT!

Thank you for the word of hope for today. And you sharing your heart is always a blessing that brings praise to GOD.

You are a blessing. God uses you to proclaim his GLORY.

blessedpath said...

You ARE an inspiration to others, more than you know! I love what the message says about love.....such great words to follow as a mom. Thank you for sharing your heart, your words and insight into the Word comfort me in my daily journey and trials.

the Fosters said...

Reading God's Word just now brought tears to me eyes about how me He Loves us! Thanks for sharing His Word as often as you do. He works well through you.

Jenny said...

Wonderful post!!!