Sunday, August 24, 2008

Rejoicing in Heaven!

Tonight, after Eric prayed with Cade and Eli, I kissed them goodnight. Nothing untypical about that. But, the dialog that continued became very special, indeed! Eric left the room, before he realized what was about to transpire. Eli then looked at me and asked me what Daddy meant when he prayed about being born again. I proceeded to tell him about the story of Nicodemus. I then ran to get Eric before he missed something vital. Eric explained further that when we are born again, we become children of God and enter His Home of Heaven when we die. Eli said he wanted to be born again! Eric explained salvation to him in "5 year old terms" and then allowed Eli to repeat the sinner's prayer. Eli was tickled pink and told us he wants to see his KiKi more than anyone else when he gets to Heaven. He also told us he is ready for his new body....but we told him that is a gift when you go to Heaven. Angels were dancing tonight around 8:15...and so was my heart! Thank you, Jesus!!!

Cade recalled his "Story" tonight. He said he was sitting at the kitchen table eating a cereal bar and simply asked Jesus to be his Savior. He is pretty accurate...it was all his idea and that is the way I remember it, as well. He also told Eli that day that if he didn't ask Jesus to be his Savior, then he wouldn't go to heaven. At the age of 3, Eli could have cared less! But, glory, at the age of 5, he cares now!

Tears are overspilling...nothing new for Snotfest 2008, but this time, it is with great JOY! Thank you, Redeemer, for including Cade and Eli and for redeeming them at early ages. Guard their hearts and keep them from the evil one.

15 comments:

Kirby said...

Yay!! Woohoo! I'm so excited I'm doing a little "victory dance" in my office right now! Tell Eli that I'm super happy for and proud of him. He's gonna make a great youth pastor someday. Glory to God!

Anonymous said...

Eli, Papa & Bebe are so excited that you have become a child of the King! You are not only our grandson, but you are now our little brother in Christ, because we, too, are children of the King. Hallelujah to our Savior! We love you!

Jenny said...

Praise the Lord!

and I love the new look of your blog:)

Anonymous said...

Yipee!!!

blessedpath said...

Yay Eli!! So awesome you have that most precious moment blogged in detail to look back on. God does some mighty moving in our young ones' hearts at bedtime.....Chase and I prayed the sinners prayer when he was 8 at bedtime! They seem to have the deepest questions at bedtime...Praise the Lord they are seeking His kingdom at such a young age!!!!!! AWESOME!

blessedpath said...

Oh yeah, how funny we both redid our blog headers with pics of feet this time!

Anonymous said...

Something struck me about your post after the fact. Little Eli asked about "what Daddy meant" about being born again. Not about what he learned in church or preschool or somewhere else--what he heard from his daddy. He has parents that continually talking to him about God. While church certainly plays an important part in a child's spiritual upbringing, it's the parents that are the most influential part of a child's life. Good lesson for this stage of my life!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ELI! This is the best decision you can ever make, and I want to see Ki-Ki too! I love you Ya-Ya, and miss you bunches!
-mini

Samantha said...

Praise the Lord :) That's so awesome!

the Fosters said...

How awesome!! Tears came to my eyes. You writing is so real and geniune. I am praying for that special day in my children's lives and can't wait to share it too!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to read about Eli's salvation. Can't wait to see him again to give him a big hug. PTL! Debbie H.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, here I sit at work, reading your blog and crying tears of great joy! Eli, I am so proud of you and I praise God for your Salvation at such an early age. I was 8 yrs. old when I ask Jesus into my heart.
I just know that KiKi is rejoicing with the angels, and that she is just as excited about seeing you as you are about seeing her again. Praise God!
Eli, I love you! Mim (Please, tell Sam and Cade I love them too!)

Kim said...

That's great! Isn't it wonderful that both you and Eric were able to be there for that special time? And God will reward you both for being faithful to teach your sons about Him, and pray with them. What a blessing!!!!! Thank you Lord for answered prayers and for drawing these sweet children into your saving arms. Guide Eli and keep him safe. Bless him as you continue to reveal Yourself to him. Use him for Your glory. Amen!

Kelli said...

What a blessing, after a crazy and hectic day, to sit down and read that sweet, sweet story! We're rejoicing in St. Louis!

Little Oak Table said...

YEAH! That is so wonderful!!! What a blessing!!!

What. Is. Happening. To. Your. Blog? SO CUTE!!! Cutest blog on the block!!!

Most joyful post on the block!!!

What a great day!