Friday, August 15, 2008

What I did today...

I took the boys to Jump Zone this morning. They loved it! This was Sam's first time there and let's just say he didn't want to go home. I got to jump as well....I needed to go inside of each blow up thing to make sure Sam didn't lose his life! Since he is fearless, I am glad I did. One had a rock climbing thing that would have been a nice little tumble if he had slipped. Another was a narrow steep tunnel to climb vertically UP which was pitch black...and then you slide vertically STRAIGHT DOWN. It scared me to death...I don't think Sam was too fond of it, either! Anyway, a fun way to drop some money in a hurry!

This afternoon, I dug through tub after tub of the boys clothes...well, not all of them anyway! I sorted them into piles of things that Eli and Sam could wear this fall and then a huge pile of stuff that I just gave away on freecycle. (Feels good to give....that way I don't get mad at the consignment stores when they don't give me what I think my "precious" (and maybe worn out) stuff is worth.) Now, my laundry room is a mountainous heap of fall/winter clothes waiting to be washed free of the moth ball smell. If only I knew where I was going to HANG UP all of these clothes! Maybe I jumped the gun a bit on the season swap, but sometimes it just feels good to evaluate what your kids are going to need for the next season! Having all boys is not too bad...definitely easy on the clothing budget!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a productive day. Those jump zone places are really fun, aren't they? Glad you all had a good time!!!

Kim said...

Your comment about the "bubble beards" made me laugh out loud!!! You're hilarious. What's funny is it did kind of sound that way. :)