Monday, August 11, 2008

The Farmin' Brothers











While in Springdale, we went to the "land of Goshen" where my great grandparent's farm is. Dad is doing a great job keeping everything looking great. I think he baled over 450 bales of hay on one field alone. Thank you for the rain this past spring, Lord! Dad let the boys take turns driving the tractor while placing the bales of hay into the barn. They loved it! Cade and Eli did 3 bales each and Sam did 1.

Afterwards, Dad let them drive the Ranger round and round the barn. He let them pretend they were going to hit trucks and equipment when their steering skills weren't up to par. It was great fun for them. We all hopped into the Ranger to check the cows and horses. Sam tried to hop out once we reached the cows...he wanted to see them up close and personal. We restrained him and told him to stay put.

Those boys love their Sir. Eli decided that he is going to be a farmer so he can have animals and drive a big truck.

Cade is quite the poser for the camera these days. He wanted me to let you know that those are his muscles that you see in the one black and white shot!
I think Sam's favorite thing to do was throw rocks at the hay bales. There is something to be said for "wide open spaces" for little fellas to run around and discover.

Thanks for the special memories, Dad.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Your hair looks SO cute in that pic of you!!

and I am with you with the port-a-potty business.... YUCK!!

blessedpath said...

Oh, the cows look so sad:(

Three Against One said...

It's me again Kelli's neighbor :) I love the pictures you took they turned out great!! Kelli has told me how you are quite handy with the camera. Those pictures and description of what the boys did reminds me of the stories that my husband tells about both his grandpa's as they were both farmers themselves.

Anonymous said...

Again the pictures are great! I especially like the one of Cade with the muscles. I would like to get a copy of it.
Barb

Three Against One said...

If you want to see some cute pics of your adorable niece and nephews check out my blog we went to the pool yesterday with Kelli and the gang!

Little Oak Table said...

that is so much fun!

the pictures are great!