Friday, July 24, 2009

Bullfrogs, Cicadas, and a Marching Band

This title is also known as "The best workout ever."

So, my friend and I decided it would be great fun to take a walk last night. We are in the best shape of our lives, so it would only be for pure enjoyment, mind you. Well, OK, we live in false reality.

After setting the time on the phone, I daydreamed all day about how this walk was going to be amazing. We would walk til we could walk no more and sweat all the horrific impurities out of our system. We might even get up to running a bit! I was pumped...a night of shedding 3 pounds lay ahead.

Fast Forward: A Train calls back and says, ummmm, do you think we could walk to The Marble Slab and back?????

"WHAT?" My legalist brain kicked in and said, "shoot, no!" But, then I quickly realized my life would be absolutely no fun without people like her to bring a little party into everything they do. Thank God for sending those folks my way, or I would make my own hell out of this earth.

So, walk to get ice cream we did. And it was the best workout of my life! What a celebratory way to kick off our new venture.

You should have seen us at Marble Slab, though. We were a couple of young and middle aged (hot) Mommas in a sea of young and college aged kids. Took us back to our college days when we would be the young and college aged kids at TCBY.

But, we held our fashion together with our new Sauconys and Target work out shorts. We even left the fanny packs at home. It is difficult hiding your money in the side of your socks, but we managed. On the way home, we got clever and stuck the money on top of our shoes, woven in between the laces. I am sure we never had to backtrack and go find our lost dollars, though. That would be ridiculous.

Passing through the cutest neighborhood that has a creek, we were overcome with sound! I had to stop just to make it all out. "Is that a goose?" I inquired. My smart friend informed me that it was bullfrogs and cicadas and a marching band. Wow. Good ears!

I don't know about her, but I am feeling the burn today. And loving it. And thinking that we should go get ice cream every time we walk!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Now that is a fun work-out! The ol' sports bra will hold a few dollars as well!