Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wild Animal Safari

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My! Saturday, we headed to Gentry to experience the Wild! They have an amazing drive through safari that totally blew me away! It wasn't just a single monkey, bear, and tiger show...but a whole slew of animals! The kids loved it. The land there is totally gorgeous. I was really shocked at how nice it was...we would definitely go again. The sad thing is that a DOWNPOUR headed our way when it was time for us to pet the animals. This first zebra picture is my favorite. Call me crazy, but I have always wanted a photo of a zebra's rear. Hee.






While trying to get the shot of the rhino, I had to lean out of my car (even though the signs said 'do not roll down windows'.) I was terrified of the emus...they are way too curious. I can't remember if this was the shot or not, but one came up behind me on the passenger side and about scared the begeegees out of me. I felt like I was in the movie, 'Jurassic Park,' trying to scramble back inside the window before I was eaten alive.


Say CHEESE! He has no upper lip.
The below is the welcoming committee.






Cade's favorite was the baby lion cub. Eli's were the baby monkeys dressed in diapers. Sam liked the reindeer. Eric liked the buffalo. And, I guess you know I liked the zebras! Thanks for the fun memory, Mim and Sir!

4 comments:

Cassie said... said...

we love that place.

Little Oak Table said...

hey crazy!

like the zebra rear.

and that bird thing is so cute. the one near the bottom with just the head.

Michelle said...

Nice rear shot. That place is so cool. Glad you didn't get mauled trying to get the money shot.

Jenny said...

Oooo... we may need to go visit that place.. the kids would LOVE it!