Monday, July 6, 2009

Rodeo

I am such a cowgirl at heart. I just love rodeos. Even the smell of manure got me all excited as we hopped out of the van. Sam didn't quite agree...he kept holding his nose and saying it smelled like poop. I haven't been able to fit into my wranglers in like a decade, but I still love boots and jeans. My sister looked the part, though. She is a cute cowgirl. Well, heck, she is cute whatever she is doing!
Our announcer...husky, hot voice got him the job.
The camera has ruined my 3 year old. Ruined, I tell you.
My Grandad...
Gotta love me some bull riding...it is in the genes...Dad used to ride bulls!
Barrel racing...I secretly wanted to be a barrel racer when I "grew up."
The Rounders...these gals can work the arena!
Monkeys on dogs herding sheep? For real.
Leisel the Rodeo Clown. The only rodeo clown I can remember being at the rodeo. Love him.
A little mutton racing to get the show started! Hang on, little fella!
Bronc riding...
Steer wrestling...

Cowboy's prayer...

I love our country and I am so thankful for our freedom.
lil' clowns...
I just love the rodeo. You never know what you might see. :)

6 comments:

Leslie said...

The monkey's on dogs is totally cracking me up. Looks like fun!

Little Oak Table said...

Oh to be young, blonde and skinny again! I used to wear Rocky Mountains and boots. Now I'm middle aged, blonde and fluffy! The rodeo is the best!! Especially the cowboys, uh hmmm, I mean bull riding. THat is really cool that your dad used to ride bulls. I didn't know that!

Michelle said...

Sweet Tats on the last guy. I betcha there's a mullet under that hat. But I am with Leslie the monkeys on the dogs is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I, too, love cowboys and cowgirls. It was my favorite thing to play as a child. I always wanted be a cowgirl, and thought for sure I would marry a cowboy when I grew up. Did I even get close??!! No way!
Barb

blessedpath said...

Hey, how did you know Mike and I were at the rodeo??!! JK! That last pic is too funny, that is what it is like at Six Flags here in town too! I didnt know your dad use to be a bull rider, cool! I like to watch too. Fun times:)

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures. I didn't get to go this year so it was nice to see the pics. My kids all went and go to see your other cousin, Payden. But I heard he didn't do too good. Sounds like you all had a great weekend!