Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Won't You Be My Neighbor?"

Sing the Mr. Rogers song with me, won't you?

It has been a sad day! We live in an older neighborhood that doesn't have just a ton of kids. Maybe 4 houses full of them, besides us. We love the location of our house, the dead end street, and the centrality to everything, but we just don't have a lot of kiddos. Well, I cried yesterday as my friend Chaila moved out with her two girls. They were our "play in the street together" friends. And after walking the cul-de-sac tonight and talking with another neighbor, I realized our other friends with kids moved the other day and another family with kids is in the process of moving. Ahhh, that leaves one family with kids!

So, here is the deal. There is a rent house available and a home for sale. I promise to bring you freshly baked cookies when you move in. If you have sweet kids that need playmates, won't you be my neighbor?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tell me about the home for sale. Of course, my kid's a little younger than what you had in mind. :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the inside of the home, but it is a 3/2 around 1900 sq feet, in a culdesac, garage enlcosed for extra space inside...for around $139.

Anonymous said...

or maybe it was $129, I can't remember!

Nic said...

hhmmm.....cookies..You got me to thinking! =)

Leslie said...

I like how you mentioned the kids must be sweet. I think that might knock my wild children out of the running! HA! Hope you find young family neighbors soon!

Jennifer said...

"Garage enclosed"... meaning it's not for parking cars in anymore? That probably knocks it out for us. But let me know about any others you see in your neighborhood. We keep toying with the idea of moving.