Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rain, Rain, Thank you God for Rain!

This is going to be a ramble post!

Can you believe this rain and weather for July? I went running/walking last night and there was actually a cool breeze! It felt amazing!

I get to photo a newborn girl soon and I am so excited! I may love taking pictures of babies best...allows me to get my baby fix in the best possible way!

Eric got back his cholesterol numbers back. Whoopsie. I'll get mine as soon as I get the gumption to make an appointment. Not sure I want to see what I officially weigh just yet.

Do you hear that rain? Ahhhhhhh. Nothing like a downpour on a summer day.

We are getting geared up for school...ordered books and uniforms. My oldest has a size 6 waist and a size 12 height. Try to fit that one!

I am kinda sad summer is almost over. The boys have done great this summer...playing nicely and helping me around the house. I will miss sleeping in. Truly miss it. Tears of sadness streaming down my face.

We need to have more ideas of how to fix chicken and fish...in the most healthy way. I have some yummo recipes, but they will probably get old fast. Help a girl out!

I am stoked about being a part of Ranch Hands...we have another meeting today and I will be able to get you girls that inquired more info!

I am thinking about doing "BSF...Bible Study Fellowship" this year...they are covering the book of John. In depth, I might add...like 8 months worth of covering!!

We are taking the kiddos to the Memphis Zoo Saturday! I'm not looking forward to a road trip, but Anne the Reticulated Python will be allowed to eat that day! She only eats every few months and she will be given a frozen/dead pig to swallow whole...may take her hours to eat it! What awesome fun! My boys will LOVE this!

Ahhhh, the rain.

I have the desire to go on a fall shopping wardrobe spree. Get behind me, Satan.

Tonight we are having a Giada recipe...Chicken Spezzatino! Amore!

I heart McDonald's Iced Mochas. I could quite quickly become an addict if it weren't for that trying to eat right factor. Did you know they give (tiny) ones away on Mondays from like 7-7?

Love you Mom and Dad and Mini and Kirby!

Have you (girls) ever watched the "Love Comes Softly" video series based on the books by Janette Oak? They are soooooo good and sweet and wholesome. Just love them! Our church has most of them, and I have also seen them at Blockbuster. Just look under Drama and the word "love." The main guy character in the first one has a voice like butter...so tender, I tell you!

So, I have really been in a blog slump...would you be so kind as to give me ideas??

How is that for a ramble post?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

That was an excellent ramble post!

So you're driving 300+ miles round-trip to watch a snake eat a pig?!? I can see how little boys would be fascinated by that though.

Chicken and fish--do you grill? If so, grill up a lot at once and eat on it through the week. Fish is best the first night, but chicken can last a while. You could have grilled chicken with rice and veggies; chicken sandwiches with veggies & dip or, my favorite, sweet potato wedges; chicken quesadillas (you could use whole-wheat tortillas and low-fat cheese to make it healthier) with a fresh fruit salad; entree salads topped with grilled chicken, etc... So you mix it up with something different each night, but you do the main part of your cooking all at once.

I can't believe this weather either. I was really concerned after that awful June heat wave, thinking it would be like that the rest of the summer. Thank God for the cool July!

the Fosters said...

I am so thankful for the rain too! Sunday morning was the greatest weather in a long time. Just praying that we can have a little bit more too!

I agree with Jennifer about grilling. We used to be better at it than we are now, but Travis lost a lot of weight 2 years ago because we grilled and ate veggies. Travis seasons everything with Cavenders and Woostersaur sauce. It is sooooo good too! My kids are not great veggie eaters, so I need some ideas too. Do you like casseroles? We do, although they are not the healthiest!
I try to keep fruit out especially this summer at the dinner table. I put them in little bowls so the kids can reach for them if they want some.

I think I may go get that movie series you were talking about!

You know, Travis said that the message in church on Sunday was excellent. I was helping in Kidmo,so I missed it. But he said it talked about if our lives reflect Jesus and how our children can see that or not. I think that would be a great post! The Lord speaks His wisdom thru you and I know you would have some great things to say!

See you later!

Kirby said...

So, driving to Memphis to watch a snake eat a pig sounds AWESOME! The rain has been great except for how it's been messing up our softball games. Not that that really matters as much to me being that I can no longer play this season. Love you too!

Amelia said...

Fun Post! I loved it & I LOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see those pictures, and to hear those boys telling about that snake eating a pig. Have fun!
Barb

Little Oak Table said...

the chicken spezz. from giada is a good one!