Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Testament Focused

"Water"
Numbers 20:7-8 "The LORD said to Moses, "Take the staff, and you and your brother Aaron gather the assembly together. Speak to that rock before their eyes and it will pour out its water. You will bring water out of the rock for the community so they and their livestock can drink."
"Blessings"
Genesis 49:25 "Because of your father's God, who helps you, because of the Almighty, who blesses you with blessings of the heavens above, blessings of the deep that lies below, (and) blessings of the breast and womb."
(Thank you "anonymous". I love this! Your prize will arrive next week!)

"Ladder"
Genesis 28:12 "Jacob had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it."

"Fishers of Men"
Matthew 4:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."


"Pottery"
Romans 9:21 "Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?"

"Crafty"
Genesis 3:1 "Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
I probably won't use this....just trying to wig you all out a little! I mean, doesn't it look like it could be talking in this picture? ICK! Makes me think that the serpent didn't exactly look like this back in the garden of Eden...I am pretty sure I wouldn't be sticking around to be tempted if I saw this thing!
"Seek"
Deuteronomy 4:29 "But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul."
(Thanks Kirby!)

2 comments:

Savannah B said...

Becke'- when you are done, and create a photobook- do it online, and I will TOTALLY buy one. I think this is a fanTAStic idea- what a loving dedicated project!!

Unknown said...

Wow, I was getting ready to say the same thing. Calvin Hill uses the Blurb website to make his books.

Betty Downs