Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dreams of a 3 Year Old Coming True

For about the past 6-9 months, Sam has a routine. He crawls in bed and asks if we can:
#1 Go to the Zoo (this one has been ongoing for about a year and a half!)
#2 Go swimming (this added during the summer months)
#3 Go up in a spaceship

As a parent, numbers 1 and 2 are relatively easy to take care of. When he would over and over again ask if he could go up in a spaceship, I usually told him no. The past few nights, though, I have felt sorry for him. Who knows, maybe God is giving him the desire to be an astronaut! So, I told him, yes, someday, we will try to get you up in a spaceship. I wasn't sure how this was to be accomplished, but I was tired of being the squasher of a 3 year old's dreams.

Today we were at Jump Zone...it was their treat for reading the allotted amount of books. They played hard for a couple of hours. Then, I noticed Sam wandering into a corner close to the arcades. "No, not going there!" As I looked closer, I realized it was a spaceship that had captured his attention. You know, just an arcade game where you deposit $.50 into a slot and move around. But, I am telling you, when he asked if he could "go up in the spaceship," I couldn't believe it! Here was his dream coming true! I have never been happier to deposit two coins into a slot in my life! God knows his heart and desires at the young age of 3! And, he fulfilled them.

Matthew 7:7-12
"Ask and it will be given to you: seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, I can almost feel his little heart pounding with excitement as he finally got to go up in a spaceship....I'll bet God smiled.

Jenny said...

SO sweet....

Anonymous said...

How neat that God placed it on your heart to say, 'yes,maybe some day.' What a lesson to learn about God so young in life.
Congratulations, Sam! You're my favorite astronaut in Conway!
Love, Bebe

Savannah B said...

What a super super cool "Godincidence"! Love. It.

Amelia said...

YAY! Sammy who-who fulfilled his dream!