Thursday, April 3, 2008

Book Pic of the Day!!



OK, I am a self-proclaimed Ted Dekker groupie. Eric laughs at me every time I get engrossed into one of his books, saying that my "affair" has started back up. I was in CBO yesterday, searching for "The Shack", to no avail, but stumbled upon Dekker's new release! WOW, what a treat! I didn't even know a new one was supposed to be released. Dekker has the most amazing ability to show the battle between good and evil in the most imaginative, non conventional way I have ever seen. I admit, some of his works are a little off the deep end, but he is about the only Christian fictional author I have found that combines very deep truths with very bizarre plots. He definitely keeps me guessing til the end...and sometimes I never do get all that he is trying to get across. If you need a new author, I recommend him highly!

On a side note, Eli, Sam and I were on our way back from taking Cade to school this morning and they were singing a song about John 3:16. Sam was singing the words as well as he could, but he definitely had the "John 3:16" reference part down. Tears came to my eyes as a verse popped in my head, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:4
I was so disturbed after I read Anna's blog and saw the video on Oprah. I am not shocked at her beliefs, but shocked that she still calls herself a Christian...proclaiming that Jesus is not the only way to God. What is a Christian then? Shouldn't the clue be the word Christ?? Eric says she has different semantics and defines Christianity differently. Well, duh!! I guess to her, Christianity is being on a spiritual journey trying to find God in your own way. I am so thankful that true Christianity really has nothing to do with me! It is ALL about Jesus. I am thankful that he has redeemed me and shown me truth and that now I can praise Him! Whoo-hoo!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I hear CBO calling my name for sure, now that Ted has another book out!!'
I see you found Kathryn Scott songs...do you like her? I bought her CD...I Belong..for that very song. It has been yet another affirmation from God where Kiley is. It's a great CD. Also, I love Meredith Andrews. Her new CD "The Invitation" releases April 29. But you can find her on YouTube..she is at a radio station, so the accustics are not great. Her song, Not Alone is on the radio alot, that is the one I love.
Well, you and I just had the "Talk" about Oprah last weekend...she is a false prophet, so many buy into everything she says.
I know the pride that swells in your heart when you hear your children speak of or sing words of truth. I have felt that pride and joy often with each of my children...and I do every time I read your blog. You are amazing. I am blessed to have you for my daughter. I love you soooo much. MOM