Sunday, April 27, 2008

LULU!!




This post is for the sheer purpose of bringing a smile to my Dad's face! Why else would I give up my secret childhood nickname for all to know? It is one of those things that is only shared between father and daughter...so don't get any ideas. I think the story goes something like this: I was about two years old with pigtails in my hair. My Dad and Uncle Karl were working on building our house in Fayetteville that I lived in during most of my childhood. I was flittin' around this way and that...doing who knows what...and my Uncle said, "you know, she looks like a little Lulu!" Well, that is all my Dad needed. It stuck. Growing up I don't know if I really enjoyed the name, but it was precious to me because it was my Dad's name for me. Now that I am older, and have nicknames for my own kids, it is even more precious to me. I believe with all my heart that if I ever do have a little girl, then my Dad will call his granddaughter "Lil' Lulu" no matter what Eric and I name her. Some things in life just make your heart swoon. :) Love you, Dad!

For fun...what nicknames do you have for your kids...no matter what their ages??

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Sweet Story:) We call Andrew "JuJu" and Parker "TarTar":) Not quite sure what little Piper will be nicknamed.

The Uptons said...

Chloe is Ladybug to me, Chloe Beth or Chloe Belle to others. Will hasn't acquired a nick name just yet...Chloe just calls him brother.

The Moore's said...

Esther is Estie to my family, but I like to call her Esther Berry Pie...she's kinda into Strawberry Shortcake right now. Graceyn is Gracie Beth, but Esther likes to call her Stinker Poo or Biber Baby (Diaper Baby). Hopefully for her sake, Gracie Beth will be the one to stick!

Anonymous said...

Kiley was: KiKi, KileyJO,Worms, KooKoo
Kirby: Dude and Booter Boy(cause he could not say super boy as he ran around in his Superman pj's
Amelia is: Mini, Mia, Mookie,and Sam(tho, we've tried hard to drop the Sam since you have a Sam for real...but, your Dad still slips and calls her that) Those are her initials, so we just called her Sam.
Devin was Rooster
And you really were a real LuLu!!!
Have I told you lately how much I love you and how proud I am of you??
MOM