Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring Cleaning!

I spent 5 hours cleaning Herb and Barbara's house today (they pay me :))...complete with blinds and ceiling fans! It was a good feeling to know that their house would not be "undone" by a bunch of boys and a 60 pound golden retriever in the span of 3 seconds! For some reason I thought it would be great to do the same to my house (in the same day!) It was quite disturbing to walk into my dirty house after blessing someone else's home...that should just not be! So, out came the wet, soapy cloth and I started attacking my blinds, ceiling fans, and floor fans. Voila! You have never seen so much dirt, dog hair, and grossness in your whole life. The only explanation I have for my behavior is that my friend Anna is about to go into labor. Maybe I am having sympathy pains for her and "nesting" so she will go into labor and I can once and for all figure out what she is having!! I had initially planned on cleaning tomorrow, but I really would much rather take the boys to the library. So....I did as much as I could today so we can play tomorrow! Yeah! Now, I am off to take a shower and give myself a nice foot scrub and pedicure....ahhhh!

Different subject...I am contemplating doing a garden this year...if you have a copy of "Gardening for Dummies," please send it my way!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have planted gardens and some say I am a dummy...close enough?

Watch that nesting thing, next thing you know you will be in a room filled with cherry wood furniture having a kid...

Anonymous said...

Beck, you would take my nephews to the library. I just don't know how I feel about this. Glad your gonna play with the boys, but the library Becke? Are you even related to me? Playing consists of parks and sports, not libraries and books.

Becke' said...

Ya know...I think it is strange that when I post about cleaning, pedicures, and gardening I get comments from two (male) youth pastors! HMMMMM..... And Kirby-we will be at the ballpark 4 different times this week for Cade and Eli. Let the games begin! Play ball!

Kelli said...

Boy, I wish you lived closer to me cause I'd pay you to clean my house! Come to think of it, if someone would pay me, I might be excited to clean my own house!

Little Oak Table said...

You have some funny friends!!! Why is it so therapeutic to know people in America are deep cleaning their houses? I feel so happy to know that 2 houses nearby are sparkling thanks to you! Thanks be to GOD!!! haha!