Saturday, April 19, 2008



We saw the documentary, "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed" last night. It was really quite stunning. I thought it would focus on Creationist teachers who were getting the boot, but it talked about even "unsaved" scientists who were leading towards the Intelligent Design "theory" due to actual science and they were getting the boot. People who even mentioned intelligent design in papers or lectures were denied tenure and fired after the semester was over. The movie touches on how our freedoms in exploring science are being stripped away in America and how if it starts there, where will it end? (I think many of our freedoms are being stripped away already...when was the last time you had to be searched in an airport?) I really can't go into all of the logistics of this movie because I sat there near tears unable to focus on what they were saying. I was so struck by the "wayward" scientists and there random theories....one even said we all came from crystals.....I was so dumbfounded that people are really that lost in their thinking. I sat there praying for them, people like Richard Dawkins (atheist), praying that God would redeem their depraved minds and show them truth and grace. He really does not need to reveal Himself, does His marvelous creation not point to His Glory? But, oh, how I long for these people to know the actual truth! Think how freeing that would be for them. If you are a nerd like me, then I think you will like this documentary!

No comments: